Campaign successfully funded on: 15 Feb,2015
Who are we ?
Alex Hackerspace is a small community of people who are passionate with technology, electronics, programming and all types of arts. This community decided to change the reality around them by sharing knowledge not to get a certificate at the end, but in the cause of teaching and learning from each other, and coming out with innovative ideas that becomes innovative commercial products in the end.
Alex Hacerspace was founded in 2012 in the lovely city of Alexandria, Egypt. It was founded by a group of young people with a mission to change the way of education in the Arab world, from a traditional and theoretical way into practical learning experience based on applying and experimenting.
It all happens with sharing knowledge between various technical backgrounds and experiences, and the practical applications would lead to technical projects that might come out as innovative products to the market.
In 2014 we decided that we did is not enough and we need to wide our vision and take a look why US is the major contry in tenchnology so take a long trip (24 Days) to 4 states in US (washington DC, New York , detroit, San fransisco ). We visited about 20 places between Tech & Innovation Institutes , STEAM schools , Innovation Musems , Fablabs and Hackerspaces.We collected so huge knowledge and expreicne and connections from them and came here to Egypt have the passion and willing to change our society and our old education.
- During our journey for the past 2 years, we depended on our own experience to conduct several workshops, trainings to over 700 trainees. Trainings covered several technical fields like programming, design, and electronics for hobbyists and professionals, besides spreading the open source culture.
- We also conducted workshops that are new to the Arab world like teaching kids and amateurs about electronics with conductive ink.
- We Launched the first DIY Arabic website Alexhacker.com
- We assisted in launching Atom 3D Printer, the first open source 3D printer in Egypt.
You can know more about the educational trainings we had before here:
Our goals and dreams:
2. Start a small studio for professional video shooting to record the educational training videos in Arabic, and publishing them for free on our website.
3. Building the first laser cutter and CNC machine and making it open source to the Arab world.
4. Spreading the culture of open source by participating in establishing hackerspaces in different cities all over the Arab world and sharing our experience with them.
Alex Hackerpspace : We Hack Minds
** If you would like to know more about our Magic and Golden box rewards just watch those videos
Makey Makey Board
1Sheeld Arduino Shield
There are no updates for this project yet.