Campaign ends on: 2017-04-18 11:54:32
Gus Farah is an internationally known artist from Broumana, Lebanon and one of Lebanon's few English speaking musicians with songs such as 'Echoes' and 'Love is Free for all' airing across the world, placing in top 10 on the Billboard charts, and winning the 1st Prize in 1983 (The single "Love is free for all" shot to number 9 on the US BillBoard Charts in February 1983, and made Gus famous worldwide). All the music/lyrics were written and produced by Gus. He continues to sing in pubs in Broumana, Lebanon. Echoes album was originally released by EMI Columbia Records in mid-1982.
- Born 4th of March, 1957
- Started music at the age of 14 and established 1st band "Hickories" with Michael Awad, Ralph Taweel, and Zahi Aafief at the early age of 15 in 1972.
- Participated in a music festival at Holiday Inn in Beirut at the age of 17 and won 1st prize, including many other music festival and band contests on
radio, TV, and live concerts.
- Started making jingles for commercials and advertising in 1977.
- Met Rafik Tamba and worked together on jingles for VIP films.
- Won 1st prize for music and lyrics in a song contest VDL (song: Words are Forgotten - 1978)
- Left to Belgium and Paris in 1979 for interviews with numerous international record companies, and and was special guest for a number of times on Radio
Monticarlo with Hikmat Wehbe.
- In 1980, manager Rafik Tamba helped produce Gus Farah's 1st album "Echoes" and recorded it in PDR Studios in Athens Greece.
- Also in 1980, won 1st prize in Rostok Germany in an internation music festival that including over 99 countries.
- 1982, Hickories was the host band for Miss Lebanon at the Casino De Liban.
- The 1st album "Echoes" was released in 1982 and earned big success.
- Various songs from the album entered Billboard's World Top 20 for 8 consecutive months.
- Met Samia Habib at the end of 1982 and married her 3 months later.
- Released 2nd album "The Outcome" in 1994, arranged by Tony Farah.
- Currently lives in Brummana with his wife Samia (or Sue as he likes to call her), and his four childer John, Joanne, Jane, and Julie Ann.
Your SUPPORT & Back up will assist in:
-Album recording, producing & executing
-CD cover design & printing
-CD replication & distribution
-2 music video clips
-submit to international charts and apply for international awards
-album marketing & advertising campaign
-album website development, hosting and domain
-rewards and shipment fees to fundraisers
In 1979 Gus won international prize for a song composed by him and performed by Samy Clark it was called "Mory Mory".
in 1983 he won prizes for his own album and now we are planning to win more prizes in 2018, who was able to won prizes when the globalization was not existing what can he do today??? With your contributions you can put Lebanon back on its international showcase...
If for any reason you cannot support financially, you can always support by spreading the world and shouting loud about this project, remember support can be done in many ways...
There are no updates for this project yet.