Campaign successfully funded on: 12 Jan,2017
* Who am I?
My name is Ahmad Jadallah, a medical student currently in my final year at the Hashemite University-Jordan. Two and a half years ago, I started a campaign with the main purpose of spreading science to the general public, whether they are young or old and educated or otherwise, in hopes of guiding us on the correct path of seeking and sharing knowledge.
* What is Phi?
What started out as a small idea between me and a team of like-minded friends and individuals has grown to now become a family of over 150 members in a certified organization, Phi Scientific Institute (PSI), working hard day and night, to ensure that Arabs have a venue to learn about new things, share their own experiences, and hopefully make the world a better place. PSI currently boasts five major programs:
1- PhiEvents: which aims to run different types of events non-stop throughout the year, such as scientific debates, film screenings, courses, competitions, and workshops.
2- PhiNova which is the main writing, translation and publishing program at PSI, boasting more than 150 team members from PSI and many others from different organizations to publish more than 12 articles per week onto PSI’s website translated from English and other languages to Arabic. The articles can be found at: www.PhiScience.co/nova. You can also find them on our Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/PhiScience.
3- PhiSci is the PSI branch dealing with video programming and is divided into two main sections:
- Science for All, a platform of general videos delivered in a fun and engaging manner intended to deliver science and the most recent discoveries to all people through different ways, electronic and specialized courses, aiming to reach the highest amount of people from all undergraduate majors and all young professionals in Jordan and the Arab world, under one goal: Access to science is a right for everyone.
- Specialized Online Courses: The main purpose of which is to reach out to all university students in Jordan and the Arab world to unite under one banner, “Science for All”
4- PhiQuarks which is one of the main concerns of Phi as we believe that proper education and exposure to science experiments and materials will create the scientists of tomorrow. PSI started with a small-scale Phi Junior Scientist program, comprising of three phases over a few years, mainly dealing with detailed scientific programs made interesting for children, from physics, chemistry, mathematics and even medicine to be administered in various regions of Amman, Jordan. The programs are encompassing the different classes of society from the less fortunate to the upper-middle class to reinforce the importance of the love of learning and awareness of the importance of scientific research in children’s daily life. This will insure laying the foundations for the young people of today to become the scientists of tomorrow.
5- Phi Scientific Research Society: In the field of scientific research, PSI seeks to create a community for scientific research in Jordan and the Arab world, and facilitate the communication by creating a network between Arab veteran researches and student research amateurs. Based on our belief that the strength of countries and nations is based on the degree of advancement and progress of their scientific research, PSI began its journey for the proliferation and education of scientific research through its first conference for scientific research PhiSRC2015, with support from Abdul Hameed Shoman Foundation, under the patronage of His Excellency Dr. Adnan Badran, along with the participation of more than 16 professor senior Arab researchers from various fields, and more than 420 participants from various disciplines, in one place to create scientific history in our region. PSI is now working on the launch of Phi Scientific Research Society electronically and on the ground, which will be the platform for Arab researchers everywhere to achieve the greatest degrees of scientific research and live up to the highest international standards
* Why do we need your support? How will we spend it?
We will start working immediately on all of these programs and activities to reach out to people from different areas of Jordan and hopefully the Arab world. We have divided the allocations of $38500 into four stages as follows:
1. Step 1: $12,000
We will work on supporting and developing the PhiQuarks program since it is our strongest belief that our children are truly the future and as such need to have as much exposure and interaction to the wonderful world of science as possible which will hopefully lead one day to them developing or writing their own research programs. An investment in their development now will surely make a return 10 times more in the future.
2. Step 2: $10,000
This step will serve as one of the foundations of the important PhiSci program, where we will create the first platform for online academic courses, created by Arabs for Arabs. This will also include the first platform for scientific videos with the sole aim of delivering science, research, and knowledge to all parts of the Arab world.
3. Step 3: $6,500
This will act as the main source of funding for the PhiNova program for translating scientific articles and research. This will serve to increase the amount of resources and research material available for our translators, which will increase the quality and quantity of scientific articles available on the site.
4. Step 4: $10,000
This final step will help fund and support PhiEvents and Phi Scientific Research Society, allowing us to reach more individuals in more countries from many different backgrounds. It will also allow young researchers to connect with each other and senior mentors to help bridge the knowledge of the older generation to the younger generation and create a strong network for scientific development.
* What if we only receive a small amount of funding?
PSI was always a result of hard work over a long period of time. This has allowed us to believe that small steps will always get you the top; you just have to work harder. Funding going to any of the four steps above will allow us to move forward as an organization and people towards making science available, accessible, and relatable.
* What has Phi achieved before this funding?
With very little funding, PSI has successfully achieved the following:
- First Phi Scientific Research Conference in 2015
- Phi is currently an active member in the largest conference on molecular biology in the Middle East in Qatar: MEMBS 2016
- Phi is a proud receiver of the first place in the training program, The IMPACT, held by the ATC organization
- Phi has a healthy and prosperous relationship with Abdul Hameed Shoman Organization, receiving funding multiple times for numerous events and programs.
- Phi has been active in the Arab world and beyond, recently holding a special course and tutorial in a scientific conference in Turkey and before that in WISE conference in Qatar.
- Last but not least, Phi prides itself on the accomplishments of all of its members, successfully translated over 500 scientific articles (available online for all), and holding more than 35 different events and programs in all fields, including conference, courses, workshops, seminars, discussion panels, debates, and many more. We at Phi believe that the only way for us to go right now is up!
* How can you help the Phi family?
Anything that you donate will go towards making a huge difference, both for the Phi family as well as advancing science in the Arab world, and hopefully beyond one day. Your role won’t stop at donating, where you can help us by sharing who we are with your friends, family, and colleagues.
Connecting Phi to possible investors and funding opportunities will help us develop to reach more people, produce and share more content, and have more of a role in influencing positive change on the world.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. And never forget, Science is truly beautiful.
There are no updates for this project yet.