Campaign successfully funded on: 15 Nov,2019
My name is Lama Massoud. I am a wife, a mother and a breast cancer survivor.
I will be running the 42.195k Beirut Marathon on November 10 to support 42 cancer patients with an amount of USD 5600 and collect donations for Barbara Nassar Association.
Last year I was diagnosed with breast cancer along with my mom’s diagnosis with lung cancer.
My mom passed away but I managed to overcome my illness with proper medication and treatment. This made me think of all the patients who can’t afford treatment, and pushed me to run for this cause.
This year I decided not only to overcome my sickness but also to prove that the power of the mind and soul is stronger than cancer.
I will be running for myself, for my mom, for every cancer fighter, every cancer survivor and every person who lost someone due to cancer. I will run for Barbara Nassar Association for Cancer Patient Support!
You are not alone!
You can donate online through Zoomaal.com, or offline by calling us on 03691624 - 70666933
You can donate through OMT under the name of "Barbara Nassar Association"
Who is Barbara?
Barbara was a metastatic cancer patient; she fought like a heroine during five years, and got the official papers of the association, few days before she passed away on February 2014.
You can watch a short movie on YouTube regarding her, titled “Barbara Nassar Story”
As per the main achievements of the Association;
Financial Support for Cancer Patients:
- So far we helped more than 214 cancer patients to continue their treatment with dignity, with an amount of 265,000 USD
- We have collected medicines from patients or their families and provided it to patients in need. The average total amount is about 700,000 USD in 4 years.
Moral Support for Cancer Patients:
- We assisted 20 lonely patients in their homes during their treatment.
- We did several complementary therapies for patients and their families such as music and art therapy, to reduce stress.
- We organized several events to the cancer patients and their families, on different occasions, like Mother’s day, Father’s day, Christmas…etc.
- We help cancer patients to get best prices in laboratories, and get their expensive medicines from pharmacies.
- We demand the rights of cancer patients with the concerned authorities
- We guide patients in their long journey.
- We organized more than 421 cancer awareness public lectures and conferences, in collaboration with Oncologists, to provide the community with the necessary information regarding the importance of early detection and screening all over the Lebanese territory.
-We organized with the collaboration of the Ministry of Public Health, the Cancer Awareness Village; we gathered Hospitals, Universities and NGOs to share knowledge, experience and to provide all the visitors with the required information. We also had public lectures presented by Doctors and testimonials from cancer fighters and survivors.
There are no updates for this project yet.
Barbara Nassar Association was founded to support adult cancer patients, financially and morally. Barbara was a metastatic cancer patient; she fought like a heroine during five years, and got the official papers of the association, few days before she passed…Full biography